Friday, August 29, 2008

Incredible day for cars

Technically, I didn't see these first three cars in Palo Alto, but they were heading south with me on my way to work from San Francisco yesterday, so I thought I throw them in.

Ferrari 550 Maranello

It looked just like the one in the picture above, wheels and all. I could hear its growl 20 car lengths a head of me. Awesome.


Porsche 930 Turbo

Probably my all-time favorite Porsche. The one I saw was a black Targa top.


Porsche 911 Targa 4S

The first 997 Targa 4S I've seen to date. It's at the top of my non-exotic Want List (i.e. < $100K).

Vitals:
Retractable glass roof
All wheel drive
355 hp
179 MPH
MSRP $97,300
Go here and play the toggle switch on the bottom left.
http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-targa-4s/indetail/roofconcept/

Back in Palo Alto proper, These two Maseratis were parked nose to nose. One new, one old.

Maserati Gransport Spyder

I see it just about every day. Black over dark tan leather, clean and shiny. Class act roadster.

Maserati Gran Turismo

I don't know if I'll ever call a car 'sexy', but this one's pretty hot. It's body is sculpted by Pininfarina, the same design house that creates Ferrari's sleek and swoopy lines and if you ask me, it's the best looking car out there right now.


Audi R8

Absolutely stunning in person. Low profile, state-of-the-art design, two tone paint, plexiglass engine cover. I've seen quite a few around town and it's always a head turner. Very well done. Very well done indeed.

Vitals:
420 hp V8
187 mph
Street Price $140,000 - $160,000

Honorable Mentions
Black Porsche 996 Turbo
Red 8 cylinder Ferrari (corner of my eye glimpse. couldn't tell if it was an F430 or 360 Modena.)
Grey Lotus E
xige S
(more on these later)

No comments: